Term Type : Full-Time
Rainham – Waste Division
Salary dependant on experience and capability
Reporting to the Office Manager, the purpose of this post is to provide administrative support to the service centre, undertaking general office duties and any other additional tasks to support the operations of the division. This role offers an opportunity for the right candidates to undertake an administrative support role, the key responsibilities as follows;
- General reception duties, including but not limited to: ensuring the visitor’s book is completed by any visitor and visitors are aware of the environment; car parking facilities, toilets and smoking areas.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and directing incoming telephone calls appropriately.
- Ensuring the reception area is tidy, well maintained and suitable to receive visitors at any time.
- Electronic Invoicing.
- Assisting with the preparation and issuing of job quotes.
- Collation and preparation of office, works and job paperwork including electronic and document filing.
- Monitoring the electric gates when vehicles arrive and leave.
- Arranging the dispatch of parcels, samples etc.
- Contributing in any way possible to the success of the Division achieving targets and KPI’s
- Signing for parcels that arrive at the Depot, and opening inbound post and directing to the correct party. The postholder is required to treat all such mail with the utmost confidentiality.
- Any other reception / office based duties for which the post holder is qualified and capable to undertake, as instructed by the office manager / senior management.
The successful candidate will possess previous experience of a busy, dynamic office environment, an excellent telephone manner and demonstrate experience of dealing with diverse groups of individuals. It is important the postholder possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to adapt during busy times and ensure consistency of service and good IT skills including all Microsoft office applications.
Whilst some training will be provided, we are seeking to recruit a self-motivated individual with an ability to be flexible, keen to maintain current skillset with a willingness to learn and able to adapt to an environment of growth.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for this position, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Nigel Rydings / Nigel.Rydings@adlerandallan.co.uk