Droitwich & Hampshire
Salary dependent on experience and knowledge
We are seeking to recruit two Environmental Consultants to join our Contaminated Land teams supporting our Droitwich and Hampshire service centres.
Reporting to the Contaminated Land Manager, the primary purpose of the roles is to facilitate planning, procurement, supervision, data collection and presentation in relation to Contaminated Land Investigation and Remediation works.
Other key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Undertaking desk based studies including creation of simple conceptual site models. Undertaking preliminary risk assessments.
- Assisting with planning and design of contaminated land and groundwater investigations.
- Supervision of sub-contractors undertaking ground investigation and remediation works. Systematic and accurate data collection. Logging soil and rock to British/European standards.
- Undertaking or assisting with generic/detailed quantitative risk assessments.
- Factual report writing and assisting with the production of interpretative reports.
- Undertaking or assisting with remedial options studies and remedial design works.
- Field supervision / validation of remediation works.
- Assisting with project management.
- Supporting team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels
The post holders will be expected to possess a sound understanding of basic concepts in earth/environmental sciences and be capable of producing simple but robust Conceptual Site Models, as well as being able to demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently regular, systematic and accurate record keeping, timely production of information and good communication skills.
The post holders must understand the need for team working and demonstrate commitment to the teamwork ethic and will be expected to take ownership of tasks and deliver them to Project Managers on time and within budget
Possessing a clean UK driving licence is essential as is residing within a reasonable commutable distance from the Droitwich or Hampshire offices.
Training will be given where necessary; however we are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties to be an asset to the company.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Nathan Male, Contaminated Land Manager / email@example.com