Term Type : Full-Time
Droitwich – Salary dependent on experience
We are seeking to recruit qualified and experienced HGV/ADR Driver. Operating from our division in Droitwich and further across the UK, this is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to join a professional and well-established team.
The successful candidate will hold HGV category C driving licence and ADR, be fully experienced in operating rigid HGV’s. In addition, possessing Tank and HPW cleaning experience would be a distinct advantage
Applicants would ideally possess up to 35 hours Driver CPC training. The Company will assist suitable applicants with achieving Driver CPC. Possessing class C+E will also be a distinct advantage.
In addition, the postholder will be required to perform the duties of an Operator when not driving to include cleaning using HPWJ, general labouring and any other duties assigned by supervision and for which the individual is capable of undertaking.
Other key tasks associated with this role are:
- Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken and reporting any defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Compliance with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
- Ensuring all ADR vehicles display appropriate placards during transportation and any time stationary. The postholder holds full responsibility for ensuring they are in possession of the correct written instruction document referring to the materials being transported. (TREM card).
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices. In addition, the postholder will be required to participate in the cleaning of the tanker barrel, adhering to safe working practices and ensuring correct PPE worn for this task.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a flexible approach; excellent knowledge and experience of similar works, be team focused and possess good customer facing skills.
Training will be given where necessary; however we are looking to recruit self-motivated reliable individuals, with proven existing skills and a willingness to be flexible and deliver a professional and safe service to customers.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Steve Welch, Support Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org