Salary dependent on experience and capability
The post holder will be expected to attend any of the Company’s service centres/offices to satisfy the duties of this role.
Due to the growth of the Company and demand on the IT department, we are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the role of IT Support Engineer, reporting to the Group IT Manager.
Based at our Group Operations Centre, Eynsham, the purpose of this role is to maintain all IT systems and equipment which will include communication systems. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for overseeing installation, and the maintenance of local IT systems. The post holder must ensure the IT service within the organization satisfies all requirements and remain commercially focused in undertaking this post and associated duties.
This is a full time post however on occasion the IT Support Engineer will be expected to be available outside of contractual hours on evenings and weekends to ensure the continuance of IT within the organisation. In addition, the post holder will on occasion be required to stay away from their usual place of work overnight to facilitate the requirements of the organisation. The keys tasks and accountabilities associated with the post are as follows:
- Provision of an excellent IT service. The post holder’s primary responsibility is to ensure the running of all local IT systems.
- Provide network support to all users, for example, PC/laptop connectivity.
- Microsoft Office support.
- Management of telephone systems.
- Implementation of new hardware and software and associated maintenance.
- Problem resolution.
- Network installation.
- Provide telephone support across the entire Group.
- Full user support service and providing appropriate support and advice.
- Full responsibility for managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems; communicating effectively any problems;
- Ensuring technological knowledge is up to date and in line with Group IT developments.
In addition to the above, the post holder will be expected to develop excellent relationships with all stakeholders and demonstrate empathy to the particular needs of individuals.
The following are minimum requirements:
- General Networking skills
- MS Windows OS V7>V10
- MS Office 2010 > 2016
- Hardware diagnostics skills
Possession of the following will be advantageous:
- VOIP Telephony experience
- Cisco IOS
- SQL server
- Microsoft Server 2008 > 2016
Applicants must possess a clean UK Driving Licence and excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to operate with minimal supervision and use own initiative. It is also important that applicants possess a flexible approach to working hours.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Mike Jordan, Group IT Manager / email@example.com