Salary dependent on experience and capability
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Operator to join our team based in Carlisle. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the post holder will be required to fulfil duties associated with that of a skilled Operator including the clean-up of any spill in a variety of environments and to operate any Company vehicles for which they are suitably qualified.
Employed on a full time basis with the requirement to stay away from home overnight, satisfy overtime and participate in a standby/call out rota, the principal tasks associated with this role are as follows:
- Ensuring all vehicle/plant checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works. It is the post holder’s responsibility for ensuring all required equipment is located and stored on the allocated vehicle for the pursuance of works.
- Reporting any vehicle/plant defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Acting as Lead Operator as and when required either in the depot or on a customer’s site; other team members must adhere to instruction of the person identified as the Lead Operator. This person is required to sign any documentation when required as Lead Operator.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment. This includes ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Ensuring works are carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation using knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works, to meet customer demand and to satisfy works.
- Responsibility for cleaning all vehicle/plant and equipment post job. The post holder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required. This includes ensuring the depot, yard area and office facility is clean and tidy.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
Applicants must have a full UK driving licence and demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers. The successful candidate will be expected to develop knowledge and experience of the operation of the region, and undertake all duties, demonstrating health and safety awareness at all times. The post holder will be expected to participate in out of hours response requirements. Previous related knowledge and experience gained in a similar industry is a requirement and the post holder will be asked to produce evidence of such knowledge at the interview stage.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to either:
David Graham, Operations Manager / email@example.com