Expert Response to Oxygen Depletion
Oxygen depletion of lakes, rivers and ponds can occur in a number of circumstances; also known as ‘oxygen crash’ the main contributors are pollution events and / or low water levels, particularly from droughts.
Oxygen depletion happens in aquatic environments as dissolved oxygen becomes reduced in concentration endangering aquatic organisms living in the system. Fish can be seen hanging at the water surface, sometimes gulping air.
Aeration is required to raise oxygen levels once depletion has been detected. This can be achieved by deployment of mechanical aeration devices or by the addition of hydrogen peroxide under controlled conditions.
Adler and Allan are experienced responders to oxygen crashes. We have expert consultants and operatives on hand to rapidly assess and deal with incidents.
A&A Oxygen Crash Capabilities
- A 24/7 Emergency Response Service to watercourses effected by a sudden or on-going oxygen crash
- Qualified operatives to administer hydrogen peroxide to watercourses along with qualified boat operatives
- Qualified ecologists to continually monitor oxygen and peroxide levels during and after deployment.
- ADR drivers to deliver hydrogen peroxide to site.
- A large stock of hydrogen peroxide to dose affected waters
- Water Test Kits and Water Quality Meters
A&A Oxygen Crash Response Options
- On-site assessment
- Mechanical aeration
- Peroxide dosing of water
- Project management and on-going monitoring
- Local storage of peroxide dosing kits
For a FREE, no obligation environmental consultancy quotation, please call 0800 592 827 or complete this Adler and Allan Consulting Services Online Enquiry Form.
See the full range of Adler and Allan Environmental Response Services
- Disaster Response – Environmental Disaster Response and Emergency Planning
- Emergency Flood Response and Risk Assessment
- Emergency Spill Kits – Oil Spill Kits and Chemical Spill Equipment
- Emergency Spill Response (Oil spill, Diesel spill, Chemical spill) and Cleanup
- Groundworks and Civil Engineering Contractors for Land Remediation Projects
- Land Remediation and Environmental Assessments
- Marine Spill Response – Marine Oil Spills and Coastline Oil Spill
- Oxygen Depletion Response
Alternatively use our search to find what you are looking for:
24/7 Emergency Response
0800 592 827