Heavy snowfall followed by a rapid thaw has meant that yet again many parts of the UK were experiencing flooding.
To help businesses in particular understand their risk, Adler & Allan has launched a new Flood Mapping Technology, FloodMarshalTM – the most advanced of its kind – to allow a site to predict future flooding events and be alerted of any changes in weather patterns that may lead to rising waters.
Business property suffered the most at the hands of the infamous storms of 2015/2016 with an impact cost estimated around £530 million. Going forward, the UK is predicted to be one of the country’s worst affected by rising water levels; utilising A&A’s industry-leading software will provide the commercial sector with valuable information that could lead to significant savings long-term.
By understanding risk, steps can be taken to mitigate against it – be that through the implementation of flood plans and defences, prioritising the safety of key assets, or by considering a move to a safer premises and avoiding investment in a site that may flood in the future.
Delivered as a stand-alone service, or as part A&A’s 360° flood resilience service, designed to help businesses prepare, protect, respond and recover from flooding, FloodMarshalTM will give UK businesses the information to prevent downtime, limit disruption and make the right decisions when it comes to operational safety and efficiency.
- Draws on historic and predictive data
- Is fully integrated with the Environment Agency and Natural Resources Wales Data for Risk of Flooding by Rivers, Seas and Surface Water
- Provides users with automated flood risk scores based on geospatial data
- Updated every 15 minutes with latest flood warning data, delivered by automated email and SMS alerts
- Integrated with Twitter and Meteorological Office Observations and Forecasts
For more information, visit: http://flood.adlerandallan.co.uk/
Watch the demo on YouTube https://youtu.be/4OBHpMQqLlg