Operator (x 3 Temporary posts)
Salary dependent on experience
Due to an increase in workload and need to satisfy customer demand, we are seeking to appoint a number of suitable qualified and experienced individuals.
Successful applicants will be deployed on a major client site for the duration of this contract. There will be a shift rota in place whilst operating on this client site.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the postholder will undertake duties associated with that of an Operative, including high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment and any other duties associated with this post. Employed on a full time basis with the requirement to satisfy overtime requirements, which will include night shifts, the postholder will also be required to participate on a Standby/call out rota. Key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Operating Company vehicles for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works and reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Carrying out works in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The postholder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation. The postholder is required to use knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works and meet customer demand.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work as required.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company and completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Applicants should possess previous experience gained in a similar environment, possess a valid full UK driving licence and previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation.
We are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing a career with the company. Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful applicants may be subject to a DBS check if this is required for environments in which they may be deployed.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Peter Lohan, Northern General Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org