Brize Norton / Salary relevant to apprenticeship level / 3 year Foundation Degree Level Apprenticeship
Reporting to the Managing Director E&S, the Apprentice will be required to provide operational and analytical support to the purpose built Fuel, Water and Soil Testing Laboratory. This includes preparation of samples for analytical determination and performing various analytical tests.
This is a full time post and the postholder will be required to work four days each week, and dedicate one set day each week receiving your academic inputs on the apprenticeship online from the office at Brize. This is a three year apprenticeship, and upon completion there may be the opportunity to apply for a permanent role.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Maintaining update equipment logs and validation records
- Being instrumental in ensuring accreditation for the laboratory to ISO17025
- Preparing fuel, soil and water samples for analysis
- Testing fuel, soil and water samples – GC/MS, ICP/OES and various wet chemistry techniques – internal and / or external training will be given.
- Method Development & Validation – to assist in method development and validation
- Monitoring and co-ordinating analysis requirements to meet client requested turnarounds.
- Any other task for which the post holder is suitably trained for and capable of doing, as instructed by management.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and demonstrate good problem solving skills, and a practical interest in science as well as good communication and attention to detail. Relevant work experience is desirable, though not essential as full training will be given. A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent), including maths, English and a science subject, is required and AS / A Levels (or equivalent) in a science subject is essential.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please use the link below to apply: