Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
We are seeking to recruit a Flood Risk Consultant to join our Flood Division.
Reporting to the Flood Divisional Manager, the Flood Risk Consultant will operate as part of a team completing a variety of flood risk assessment’s across a wide range of commercial sectors with a focus on promoting and delivering a professional Flood Risk Management service to new and existing clients.
Employed on a full time basis, the post holder must also be available outside of contractual hours to fulfil duties; this will include evenings, weekends and working away from home with overnight stay. This may be required with little or no notice.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this post are as follows:
- Complete appropriate Flood Risk Assessments for a wide range of applications in line with the client expectations and undertake hydrological impact studies for Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders, site contacts, budget holders and external regulators and represent the Company at client, design team and public meetings as appropriate.
- Manage incoming enquiries and tenders and compile clear costings and quotations for recommended solutions.
- Support of Group Marketing activities for the Flood Services Division.
- Effectively and efficiently manage all administration associated with the role.
- Manage and develop excellent internal and external colleague & customer relations, ensuring CRM is populated and new opportunities are communicated with sales & operational staff as appropriate.
- Identify new opportunities in collaboration with the Flood team and compile research findings in support of the associated risk.
- Undertake indicative drainage design work and apply principles of Sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS).
- Any other task for which the post holder is capable of undertaking and requested by line or senior management.
The list above is not exhaustive and ad hoc tasks may be asked of the postholder.
Applicants should possess a degree in a relevant subject; Geography, Hydrology, Geology, Civil Engineering; applicants possessing a Master’s Degree in Hydrology (or similar) would have an advantage.
It is important applicants possess a minimum of two years post graduate experience of undertaking Flood Risk Assessments and ideally be working towards chartership with a relevant professional institution such as CIWEM. Knowledge and experience of hydrological/hydraulic modelling and experience using the Flood Estimation Handbook is preferred. Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) preferred as would possession of knowledge of Micro Drainage to estimate runoff flows etc.
Applicants should be self-motivated and ambitious and be a strong team player with an energetic outlook. It is essential applicants are able to use Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point and have a clear client focus and excellent client relationship management skills; excellent time management and organisation skills are also essential as is a clean UK Driving Licence
If you feel you have the relevant skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Mark Griffiths, Flood Resilience Divisional Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org