Salary dependent on experience
We are seeking to appoint a full time Group Procurement Manager based in Harrogate.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the post holder will manage relationships with executive stakeholders to recommend, determine and lead strategies for managing categories of expenditure which significantly impact business strategy, policy and performance. The post holder will be required to deliver innovation and cost reduction to the business through category plans including; best practice commercial terms; supplier relationship management strategies; volume leverage; total cost management; demand challenge; process efficiency/compliance and external benchmarking of best practice.
The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are:
- Conducting regular research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality and make recommendation to stakeholders;
- Leading cross functional teams to develop, implement and manage category plans in a complex and challenging environment;
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts within expenditure and budget authorisation level and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided;
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference and possible recommendation or otherwise for the future;
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Developing an organisation’s purchasing strategy in line with other group policies, for example Group Expenses Policy/Bribery and Corruption Policy
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software;
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives;
- Securing business rates for the group;
- Overseeing Electricity and Gas contracts and depot insurance;
- Manage and maintaining all procurement aspects relating to A& A businesses.
We are looking to recruit a self-motivated ambitious individual, with excellent negotiating, networking and numerical skills, able to deal with factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
Given the influence the post holder will have in relation to procurement of goods, services, materials and products, the post holder must comply with and promote compliance with the Group’s Bribery and Corruption policy and adherence to the relative act. The post holder will be expected to report any breach of either the policy or act by any person within the Group and ensure all expenditure is ethical and necessary.
A clean driving licence and proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful applicant may be subject to a DBS check if this is required for environments in which they may be deployed.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
James Collier, Group Finance Director / email@example.com