Manchester / Salary dependent on experience
Due to an increase in workload and need to satisfy customer demand, we are seeking to appoint a number of suitable qualified and experienced individuals.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the post holder is required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake and satisfy duties associated with that of Operative. This will include high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment, assisting engineers during servicing and any other duties associated with this post. There will be a requirement to be available for overtime and to participate in the on call rota.
As the duties of this post constitute those of a professional driver, the operation of Company vehicles must be undertaken in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation. Key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works and ensuring compliance with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
- Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified, completing a vehicle defect report in such circumstances.
- Ensuring all ADR vehicles display appropriate placards during transportation and any time stationary; and have all correct ADR equipment and instructions on board. The post holder is responsible for ensuring they are in possession of the correct documentation referring to the materials being transported
- Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Participate in the cleaning of the tanker barrel, adhering to safe working practices and ensuring correct PPE worn for this task.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job, including identifying repair work required.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company and completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional head office.
- Liaison with management regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
Applicants must possess licence categories to operate and control HGV/ADR including tanks, vehicles including static and articulated vehicles and full working knowledge of tachograph regulations. Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation will be an advantage and the post holder will be expected to demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to our customers.
We are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing a career with the company. Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful applicants may be subject to a DBS check if this is required for environments in which they may be deployed.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Peter Lohan, Northern General Manager / email@example.com