E&S – Manchester
Salary dependent on experience and capability
Due to expansion of E&S in the North, we are seeking to recruit two HGV Driver / Drainage Technicians to join our team based in Manchester.
Operating in the North of the UK, the post holder will be required to operate as part of a team, working alongside other drainage Engineers, fulfilling works for major oil companies & independent customers in the drainage division. The post holders will be required to contribute to ensuring that all drainage systems are working correctly and identifying root causes and provide customers with long term solutions.
The duties of this post include a high degree of manual work required when cleaning site drainage systems to ensure compliance with the EA Guidelines/regulations.
The post holders are required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake.
As the duties of this post constitute those of a professional driver, all operation of Company vehicles must be undertaken in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation.
The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are:
- Operating independently, or as part of team to perform and deliver full site drainage PPM’s, including jetting of underground services, emptying silt traps on car & Jet wash systems and cleaning the sites oil & water interceptors; this will include sewage works on some sites. Onsite training will be provided.
- Replacing Interceptor Filters following suitable training.
- Responding to call outs for critical drainage issues.
- Satisfying the duties of a site supervisor/lead operative when the occasion is presented, including attending site briefings as a company representative and on occasion, acting as team leader.
- Carrying out near miss & potential incidental reporting following suitable in-house training.
- Liaising with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle and ensuring all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times, and informing supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
- Completing all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to divisional supervision.
- Liaising with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Applicants must possess previous experience gained in a similar environment and industry; possess a full clean UK driving licence to operate and control rigid tankers – ADR licence would be advantageous. Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation is required along with knowledge of tachograph regulations. Completion of Driver CPC training will be required.
We are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing knowledge and a career with the company.
Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful candidates may be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for either role, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Brian Kean, Assistant Contracts Manager – email@example.com