Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependent on experience and capability
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the role of Hydrologist / Surveyor to join the team based in Droitwich. Working alongside the Senior Technician and Civil/Flood Manager, they will be responsible for the production of Flood risk assessments, Breach analysis, Hydrological and hydraulic modelling, design of SUDS and drainage Infrastructure.
The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are:
- Carrying out desk top reports and analysis.
- Carrying out site surveys to facilitate the production of reports.
- Organising topographic surveys when required.
- Producing Programmes and RAMS for both individual jobs and a programme of works.
- Monitoring all works to ensure they are carried out as specified and in a safe manner.
- Assisting in resourcing products and materials to meet with client specifications.
- Liaising with clients/various bodies across the company services/departments.
- Attending meetings and site visits.
- Working with Flood team assisting with Flood surveys.
- Producing CAD drawings as required.
Employed on a full time basis and expected to dedicate time to ensure all tasks are completed, the postholder will be expected to operate in the office and travel to any location in the UK to fulfil tasks. This will include travel at unsocial hours and occasional overnight stay away from home.
Applicants should possess experience of dealing with diverse groups of individuals, excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt during busy times and ensure consistency of service. It is essential that the postholder possess computer skills including all Microsoft office applications, as well as experience using, or knowledge of hydrological modelling tools such as WinDES, FEH, HEC-RAS, ISIS or TuFOW etc.
A high degree of accuracy and a willingness to undertake additional duties as assigned by the Civil/flood Manager and any other member of the Management team is also required.
A clean UK driving licence is essential to the role.
Training will be given where necessary; however we are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual, with an ability to be flexible, keen to maintain current skillset with a willingness to learn.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
John Attridge, Civil/Flood Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org