Salary dependent on experience and capability
Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking to recruit an Operations Supervisor to join the team in Glasgow. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for direct supervision of response work, and support all field staff to ensure the successful completion of operations.
The post holder will be responsible for the successful planning and management of all works and the allocation of workforce to be most effective and support the running of the depot.
Key tasks and accountabilities are as follows:
- Liaising with clients to include site visits to collate information and understand the exact requirements.
- Production of scope of works documents.
- Assisting with the preparation of job packs prior to works commencing.
- Assisting Operations Manager as and when required with out of hours call outs & staff allocation.
- Participating in the call out rota.
- Project planning to include ordering materials and other resources.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager as required.
- Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment, including ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Ensuring works are carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation using knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works and meet customer demand and satisfy works.
- Liaising with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completing of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaising with Operations Manager regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is cleaned post job, and identifying repair work required. This includes ensuring the depot, yard area and office facility is clean and tidy.
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works and ensuring all required equipment is located and stored on the allocated vehicle for the pursuance of works.
- Operating Company vehicles which the post holder is suitably qualified to operate and reporting any vehicle defects to Operations Manager as soon as identified.
The successful applicant will possess and be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of completing RAMS documentation; must possess excellent written and verbal communication and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications. There will be a requirement to work away from home from as per Company contractual requirements, this may be at short notice on occasions.
We are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing knowledge and a career with the company.
Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful candidate may be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for this role, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to either:
Odin Osborne, Operations Manager – email@example.com or
Chris Prentice, Regional Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org