Salary dependent on experience
Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking to appoint two full time Operatives. Reporting to the Operations Manager, they will undertake the duties associated with that of a Spill Response Operative, including high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment. There will be a requirement to be available for overtime and to participate in the on call rota. Key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Operating Company vehicles for which the post holder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works.
- Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified, completing vehicle defect report in such circumstances.
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices. In addition, the post holder will be required to participate in the cleaning of the tanker barrel, adhering to safe working practices and ensuring correct PPE worn for this task.
- Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The post holder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job, including identifying repair work required.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
We are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing knowledge and a career with the company. Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful applicants may be subject to a DBS check if this is required for environments in which they may be deployed.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Bob Currie, Divisional Manager firstname.lastname@example.org