Tiverton – salary dependant on experience
We are currently looking to recruit a full time qualified and experienced Operative / HGV Driver to join the team based in the South West (Tiverton)Reporting to the Operations Manager and working as part of a team, the postholder will be required to fulfil various duties associated with that of Spill Response Operative, including high pressure water jetting, clean-up of a variety of spills using the available resources and equipment. In addition, the Operative / HGV Driver will be required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake and in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation.
Other key tasks and responsibilities associated with this Operative / HGV Driver role are as follows:
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this post are as follows:
- The postholder will contribute to works and schedules of the South West team operating independently, or as part of the team correctly within the parameters of the scopes of work. Works may include water interceptors; sewage works, tank cleaning in confined spaces, tankering works, fuel deliveries, spill remediation not excluding other scheduled/planned duties completed by the team.
- Respond and react to call outs.
- To satisfy the duties of a site supervisor/lead operative when the occasion is presented. This will include attending site briefings as a company representative and on occasion, act as team leader.
- Carry out near miss and potential incident reporting.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Operating any Company vehicle for which the postholder is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake including responsibility for the security of all Company vehicles and equipment. This includes ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works, and reporting any defects to supervision as soon as identified. It is the postholders’ responsibility for ensuring all required equipment is located and stored on the allocated vehicle for the pursuance of works.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times. The post holder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The postholder is required to use knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works and meet customer demand and satisfy works. The postholder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation.
- Completion of all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to divisional supervision
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required. In addition, ensuring the depot, yard area, office and welfare facilities are clean and tidy.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for and capable of undertaking..
The successful candidate must have an HGV licence, with experience of using Tachographs & have a valid Driver Qualification Card. In addition, it would be desirable if the successful candidate is qualified to operate high pressure water jetting equipment and demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
The postholder will be expected to undertake all duties in a professional manner, representing the Company well and to the best of ability. Training will be given where necessary and in addition to this, they must also be self-motivated, reliable, have excellent communication and organisational skills with a willingness to be flexible and deliver excellent customer care and undertake any additional training and duties as required to increase capability of the postholder and the division in supplying a service to its customers.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Arnie Harmsworth, Operations Manager: email@example.com