Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependent on experience and capability
We are seeking to recruit a full time Operator/HGV/ADR Driver C/CE to join our team in Carlisle. Possessing licence category C and CE, the purpose of the role is primarily to operate any Company vehicle for which the post holder is qualified to undertake in a professional manner. In addition, the post holder will undertake duties associated with that of Spill Response Operative, including high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment and any other duties associated with this post. The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this post are as follows:
- Operating Company vehicles including HGV & ADR class vehicles.
- Responsibilities for ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works.
- Compliance with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
- Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Ensuring all ADR vehicles display appropriate placards during transportation and any time stationary. The post holder will hold full responsibility for ensuring they are in possession of the correct written instruction document referring to the materials being transported. (TREM card).
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices. The post holder will be required to participate in the cleaning of the tanker barrel, adhering to safe working practices and ensuring correct PPE worn for this task.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The post holder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The post holder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Applicants must possess relative licence categories to operate and control HGV/ADR including tanks, vehicles including static and articulated vehicles; previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation and possess full working knowledge of tachograph regulations.
The successful candidate will possess licence category C/CE, be fully ADR trained and ideally possess a digi-tacho card and a willingness to undertake any additional duties for which they are suitably qualified.
Applicants will need to prove their experience and knowledge and will be asked to produce evidence of such knowledge at the interview stage.
We are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing knowledge and a career with the company.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Bob Currie, Divisional Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org