Salary dependent on experience
We are looking to recruit three experienced Operators to join our Droitwich Technical division.
The post holders will undertake duties associated with that of an operative, conducting themselves responsibly on customer’s sites and ensuring a high standard of work is executed. The post holder will be expected to fulfil this role when deployed on the following: Flood mitigation/Bund lining/Asset resilience/Bund construction – Concrete and GRP modular constructions and when providing compliant environmental solutions.
These are full time positions working as part of a team the successful candidates will be expected to satisfy the following key tasks and accountabilities:
- Liaising with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Liaising with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements and possible opportunities.
- Conducting all works in accordance with health and safety, including the implementation and use of associated RAMS.
- Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment, including ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Operating Company vehicles which they are suitably qualified to operate, and ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works.
- Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Ensuring the depot, yard area and office facility are clean and tidy.
- Cleaning and maintaining all plant, vehicles and equipment, as deemed necessary by supervision, and upon completion of jobs, identifying any repair work required.
- Reporting all incidents immediately, following existing company procedures.
- Ensuring all required equipment is located and stored on the allocated vehicle for the pursuance of works.
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Using knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works and meet customer demand and satisfy works.
- Installing accurately and compliantly, all modular bunding and any further GRP fixtures including J-BAR, L-BAR, B-BAR and more.
- Completing high standard preparation works to allow efficient application of the spray lining products supplied by the company.
Applicants must have experience in completing RAMS documentation, a full UK driving licence and demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers. The successful candidates will be expected to develop knowledge and experience of the operation of the region, and undertake all duties, demonstrating health and safety awareness at all times. There may be occasions when weekend work is required to meet the requirements of a particular job. Previous related knowledge and experience gained in a similar industry is a requirement and the post holder will be asked to produce evidence of such knowledge at the interview stage.
Proof of the right to work in the UK is required, and there may be a requirement to undertake DBS background checks due to the environments in which they may be expected to operate.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Jamie Hughes, Divisional Manager Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org