Northern Ireland – Home based role however the postholder will be required to attend any group office/site as & when required or instructed line manager.
Reporting to the Principal Consultant, the Senior Environmental Consultant will utilise technical knowledge of contaminated land consultancy to carry out environmental investigation, assessment, reporting, remediation verification and project management of environmental insurance claims. In addition and due to the seniority of the post, the postholder will hold responsibility for the technical and financial performance of any project on which they are managing. Employed on a full time basis with the need to satisfy overtime requirements and stay away from home overnight, the key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Leading and supervising project management of environmental insurance claims including managing/planning site works.
- Site investigation, assessment and remediation design; management of site investigations, remediation works and validations.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- Prepare; desk study reports, including undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments (PRAs), interpretive site investigation reports, including performing GQRAs and site verification reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
- Undertake quality assurance and safety performance audits.
- Participate in business development activities as a technical advisor and managing key clients.
- Writing high standard reports, demonstrating technical and commercial awareness.
This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be expected to achieve 77% utilisation target. Applicants should possess a degree in a geo-environmental related discipline and ideally professional qualifications whilst working towards chartership, with a relevant organisation; possess knowledge and experience of site investigation techniques, supervision in such environments and experience of available drilling techniques.
Experience of operating on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be beneficial as would the following: working knowledge of CLR11 and BS10175; proficiency in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930 and strong skills in the development and updating of CSMs. In addition, applicants should possess experience / knowledge of remediation techniques for soil and groundwater, current and emerging legislation applicable to contaminated land consultancy and practical experience of chemical analyses which can be performed on soil, water and air samples. Proficient use of Microsoft applications is essential.
The Senior Environmental Consultant will attend domestic and commercial properties and as such, must provide a professional service and image of the Company at all times; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate are essential as are organisational and time-management skills and the ability to use Microsoft applications.
Proof of the right to work in the UK is required, as is satisfying a DBS check to satisfy client requirements. As the postholder will be required to travel to any location any location within the Company’s operational footprint; possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
If you feel you have the skills, personality, qualifications and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Gareth Bowden / Gareth.email@example.com