Bury St Edmunds
Due to an increase in work and customer demand, we are looking for a Spill Response Supervisor to join our OHES team in the East.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, working on a full time basis, The Spill Response Supervisor will lead Spill Response operations for the OHES ECM East region.
The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are:
- Providing a “First Strike” emergency response to newly reported spillage and oil loss incidents with the aim of minimising damage to property, the environment and risk to human health.
- Ensuring the response to such incidents is timely, appropriate, proportionate, safe and effective.
- Carrying out such emergency actions under the direction of OHES consultancy staff or, where required, using own initiative, skills, knowledge and pollution control techniques.
- Maintaining a state of readiness within the region to respond to new incidents, ensuring equipment is available and serviceable and stock levels of pollution control consumables are maintained at optimum levels.
- Providing an OFTEC qualified service to enable emergency pump out and installation of temporary oil tanks
- Recording all time, mileage and materials used during any First Strike phase of a project so that they can be accurately charged for.
- Supporting the OFTEC requirements of the operational region for planned oil tank installation work
- Directing, mentoring and developing more junior staff within the team
Applicants will require a willingness to be trained in oil tank installation to OFTEC standards and as a Basic and Freshwater Spill Responder to UKSpill Approved standards. Site works experience in construction, civils or landscaping as well as a high standard of personal presentation and workmanship is required. Applicants should be able to use plant and machinery and manage personal time to achieve high levels of productivity.
This position requires a full UK driving licence and is physically demanding. We are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual who can take an adaptable approach to work in a varied environment.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Kieran Leggett, Contract Manager / Kieran.firstname.lastname@example.org