Salary dependent on experience and capability
Due to an increase in customer demand, we are seeking to recruit a Supervisor/Multi Skilled Technician to join our team in Carlisle.
Reporting to the Depot Manager and Fuel Installations Manager, the post holder will be required to lead the team in satisfying the delivery of service to all customers and on specific projects for which the skills and experience of the postholder are suited.
Due to the skills and capability of the postholder, they will be responsible for successful completion of suitable projects to a high professional standard.
Employed on a full time basis and expected to satisfy overtime requirements, the key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Planning and install all elements of fuel tanks; this will include tank cleaning.
- Act as part of a team decommissioning fuel tanks and installations.
- All types of pipe work installation and expected to provide professional assessment and plan to manage such works; this will include steel pipe, plastic pipe (KPS, DURA,UPP)
- Civils works under suitable instruction and within the postholder’s capability qualification and experience.
- Operating Company equipment for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate and reporting defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Uplifting and offloading of product and materials in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Participation in the cleaning of tanker barrels, adhering to safe working practices and ensuring correct PPE worn for this task.
- Carrying out works in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation.
- Liaising with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company and completion of all works paperwork.
- Deputising for Depot Manager and Fuel Installations Manager as required.
- Participation in the call out rota.
- Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles & equipment, reporting any vehicle defects to depot management as soon as identified.
This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be expected to satisfy other tasks and duties as and when required.
Applicants must possess a clean UK driving licence and demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers. Applicants should possess excellent technical and industry knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written, with internal and external clients. The successful candidate will be expected to develop knowledge and experience of the operation of the region, and undertake all duties, demonstrating health and safety awareness at all times. Previous related knowledge and experience gained in a similar industry is a requirement and the postholder will be asked to produce evidence of such knowledge at the interview stage.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for either role, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
David Graham, Depot Manager / email@example.com