The postholder will be required to attend a local office/depot on a regular basis.
Salary dependent on experience and capability
We are seeking to appoint a Divisional Manager to head up our Ecology & Environmental Monitoring Division.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Divisional Manager will be expected to manage the Ecology & Environmental Monitoring division, demonstrating and continuously achieve high levels of commercial performance and service delivery to all customers whilst supporting all group operations & projects.
This is a full time role however due to the seniority of the post and demand of the role, the postholder will be expected to dedicate any time required to satisfy all duties which will include staying away from home overnight as a regular feature of the post. Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this senior role are as follows:
- Manage and develop excellent internal and external colleague & customer relations, develop new business and maximise all opportunities.
- Ensure the group CRM is adequately populated and that new opportunities are communicated with other sales & operational staff as appropriate to best achieve business objectives.
- Manage all financial matters of the division and control and monitor all expenditure.
- Ensure all works programmes are logistically planned, managed and executed to promote maximum efficiency.
- Ensure that the divisional KPI’s are met, to include depot, staff, vehicle & equipment SHEQ compliance.
- Be fully briefed, monitor and investigate all incidents occurring whilst assets are deployed and report appropriately.
- Investigate and resolve client concerns and grievances & suggest / implement strategy to avoid reoccurrence of such issues.
- Continually review operational practices and planning.
- Successfully manage the regions profit and loss account; this will include the analysis and careful planning of structure of staff to promote efficiencies with regards payroll expenditure.
This list is not exhaustive and additional tasks and projects will be a key demand of this role.
Applicants must possess previous knowledge & experience gained within the ecology and environmental sectors along with significant finance, sales & operations management experience.
As there will be high expectation to create, write and submit reports to be presented at Board level, it is essential applicants are computer literate with working knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, workforce and clients at all levels are essential as are excellent organisational and time-management skills. An understanding and knowledge of health and safety at work would be advantageous.
The postholder must be capable of adhering to any deadline; this includes an immediate response at any time and as the postholder will be required to travel to any location within the Company’s operational footprint, possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced individual who will make an immediate contribution and is able to able to adapt to an environment of growth.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Dan Jones, Managing Director OHES / email@example.com