Droitwich / Salary dependent on experience and capability
We are seeking to recruit a Spill Response Technician to join our division based in Droitwich.
Reporting to the Depot Manager (Environmental), the post holder will undertake duties associated with that of an Operative including clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment. The post holder is required to operate any Company vehicles for which they are suitably qualified in a professional manner. Working on a full time basis with a requirement to satisfy overtime, the key tasks and accountabilities associated with this post are as follows:
- Ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works and reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Operating Company vehicles including HGV class vehicles (applicable only if licence held) or any other vehicle for which the post holder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Carrying out works in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation.
- Cleaning all plant and equipment post job, including identifying repair work required.
- Liaising with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completing all works paperwork and submitting in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaising with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
Applicants must possess previous experience gained in a similar environment and industry; possess a full clean UK driving licence and previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation.
We are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful candidates may be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for either role, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Steve Welch, Depot Manager (Environmental) – firstname.lastname@example.org