Expert Response to Oxygen Depletion
Oxygen depletion of lakes, rivers and ponds can occur in a number of circumstances; also known as ‘oxygen crash’ the main contributors are pollution events and / or low water levels, particularly from droughts.
Oxygen depletion happens in aquatic environments as dissolved oxygen becomes reduced in concentration endangering aquatic organisms living in the system. Fish can be seen hanging at the water surface, sometimes gulping air.
Aeration is required to raise oxygen levels once depletion has been detected. This can be achieved by deployment of mechanical aeration devices or by the addition of hydrogen peroxide under controlled conditions.
Adler & Allan are experienced responders to oxygen crashes. We have expert consultants and operatives on hand to rapidly assess and deal with incidents.
A&A Oxygen Crash Capabilities
- A 24/7 Emergency Response Service to watercourses effected by a sudden or on-going oxygen crash
- Qualified operatives to administer hydrogen peroxide to watercourses along with qualified boat operatives
- Qualified ecologists to continually monitor oxygen and peroxide levels during and after deployment.
- ADR drivers to deliver hydrogen peroxide to site.
- A large stock of hydrogen peroxide to dose affected waters
- Water Test Kits and Water Quality Meters
A&A Oxygen Crash Response Options
- On-site assessment
- Mechanical aeration
- Peroxide dosing of water
- Project management and on-going monitoring
- Local storage of peroxide dosing kits
Adler & Allan and BERG
Adler & Allan is a founding member of the Business Emergency Resilience Group (BERG), designed to help businesses and communities across the UK to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies such as flooding, cyber-attacks and civil unrest.
For more information click here
For more information call 0800 592 827 or complete this Adler and Allan Oxygen Depletion Online Enquiry Form.
- Spill Response
- Marine Spill Response
- Emergency Flood Response
- Disaster Response
- Emergency Spill Kits
- Post Spill Land Investigation and Remediation