Environmental management for defence sites
We have been working on MoD fuel infrastructure for over 20 years, servicing, maintaining and refurbishing mission critical assets, including; BFIs, MTFIs, heating and generator tanks, pipelines and other fuel infrastructure assets using our security-cleared, ex-forces personnel to maintain your existing assets, reduce the risk of pollution, and help you prepare for a more sustainable future.
Our specialist team are vetted, and security cleared to work on most defence sites, with some ex-military, having worked within the fuel and infrastructure sector, and understand the challenge of an operational and mission critical environment. Our outcomes are focused on military needs and their mandatory requirements, and our account management structure offers consistency in operational delivery, right first-time solutions, and efficiency in process.
Tackling key challenges in the defence sector
We know that being mission ready with an ageing fuel infrastructure creates challenges. When you need fuel, it is mission critical and you cannot afford operational downtime. You need your fuel infrastructure to be regularly and meticulously maintained by experts who understand the importance of your critical equipment.
We have worked on all the UK RAF bases and a number of Army bases and know the condition and structure of your assets. We also understand defence specific legislation and can help you ensure your ageing fuel infrastructure and critical assets remain compliant, extending their lifecycle until they are replaced or upgraded.
You need to be aware of your environmental responsibilities, and you must make sure that you operate in a legally compliant way. Non-compliance brings the risk of enforcement action, possible fines, and real damage to your reputation.
We make sure your assets remain compliant with all relevant industry legislation including BS EN 858-2:2003, CIRIA C736 and C753, Environmental Permitting Regulations, Guidance for Pollution Prevention and specific asset standards and guidance.
Sustainability / energy transition
We can help you ensure your critical infrastructure and estates are aligned to the Defence Climate Change and Sustainability Strategy. You are transitioning all your on-site grey vehicles to electric vehicles. We can help you develop a strategy to transition your vehicles from traditional hydrocarbons, through HVO’s and synthetic fuels to electric or another alternative fuel.
Right first time
Environmental compliance assessment
Assets and infrastructure
Sustainability and Net-Zero
Guidelines, standards and good practice
- We work to the highest compliance and safety standards including Practitioner Guidelines (PG) set by the MoD
- All work is carried out to current MoD Publications, including but not limited to PG05/12, DMG14, PG O6/12, PG 04/12
- We are API and EEMUA 159 accredited to work on US bases
- Knowledge of tank regulations including API 650 and EEMUA 159, DSEAR and COMPEX qualified ATEX and OFTEC.
- We are fully conversant with the numerous regulations concerning the design, installation maintenance, inspection and testing of electrical equipment for use in explosive atmospheres including MoD specific JSP317, JSP 375, JSP 482 Chapter 8 and ESTC 6 requirements.
- Expertise in inspections and electrical remedial works for flammable goods stores (to PG01/17) - MT vehicle servicing pits (to DMG 13) - Tanker servicing bays (to DMG 13) - BFI (to PET02)
- Electrical maintenance and inspection MTFI (to PET02 / PET04)
- Motor overload testing, 11 monthly earth testing and motor temperature and vibration testing for BFI (to PET02).
- Periodic inspection 3,6,11,12 and 24 month, lightning protection inspection and testing / conductive, anti-static floor inspections for Explosive Storage Areas (to ESTC6).
- Specialising in hazardous area and electrical installs, we have a team of VAREC and NICEIC approved, as well as DNV and class 7 CompEx accredited electrical engineers who will design and maintain systems that ensure operational readiness at all times.
- Experts in MOD publications DIO Technical Standard PET 01, 02 and 04, and SFG20.
- Expertise in FWS filters and micro-filters to the following:
- EI 1581 5th Edition - Specifications and laboratory qualification procedures for aviation fuel filter/water separators – 2011.
- EI 1590 3rd Edition - Specifications and qualification procedures for aviation fuel microfilters – 2014.
- EI 1596 2nd Edition - Design and Construction of Aviation Fuel Filter Vessels – 2013 2. EI 1590 3rd Edition - Specifications and qualification procedures for aviation fuel Microfilter – 2014.
- 0+120m+ litres of fuel storage maintained annually.
- 010 BFI pump upgrades completed.
- 0+10.5km of non-compliant electrical cable replaced.
- 021km of hydrants maintained every year.
- 0+800+ full defence site inspections conducted within the last 8 years.
Contact our experts
If you'd like to get in touch with a sector expert, please leave your details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Keep your business compliant and protect the environment while reducing the risk of operational downtime
Adler and Allan reduce your risk and support you on your journey to Net-Zero through the management and maintenance of assets.