Environmental management for chemical industry
We help importers, manufacturers and distributors who are making, storing, or procuring chemicals achieve compliance and sustainability goals as you develop products that suit the needs of a more environmentally conscious customer.
Chemicals in their many forms are critical for all UK manufacturing industry as well as healthcare
Tackling key challenges in the chemical sector
Many chemical manufacturing processes can consume large amounts of energy, which means the industry is one of the biggest carbon emitters in the UK. Reducing emissions to achieve the climate change targets set out in the Paris agreement is vital. The industry understands that it needs to plan for its consumption of energy over the next century, investigating how it can become more sustainable while remaining competitive in a global economy.
Chemical companies will continue developing their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) standards to drive their decarbonisation strategies. Chemical companies need to consider their greenhouse gas emissions against all three scopes and consider renewable energy sources to meet Net-Zero targets.
Changes to the chemical industry’s regulatory framework, including REACH, have introduced new levels of responsibility and risk in the supply chain.
These and other regulations such as DGSA and classification, labelling, and packaging (CLP) are all evolving and require an expert understanding to ensure ongoing compliance.
Who we work with
Contracted chemical advice
Logistics, blending and storage
Chemical incident response
Accreditations, certifications, and memberships
- Chemical Business Association (CBA)
- Solvent Industries Association (SIA)
- British Coatings Federation (BCF)
- Qualified DGSAs in-house to provide advice or act as your representative DGSA.
- Expert knowledge of CLP, GHS, CDG, ADR and REACH regulations.
- All advisors are DGSA qualified and hold chemistry degrees.
- 24/7 emergency chemical advice (level 1 response).
- Advice and response is compliant with the Chemsafe Liaison Group publication Chemsafe - Assistance in Chemical Distribution Emergencies.
Keep your business compliant and protect the environment while reducing the risk of operational downtime
Find out how Adler and Allan reduce your risk and support you on your journey to Net-Zero through the management and maintenance of assets.Contact our experts