We help clients protect the natural environment by adhering to regulatory and statutory compliance surrounding planned activities such as the development of land or unexpected event that may lead to an environmental incident.
Anyone looking to develop a piece of land into new buildings, housing, or infrastructure such as railways, needs a Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) and an Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIE) to ensure they have minimal impact on the ecology of land and watercourses.
The Environment Act 2021 requires developers to demonstrate a 10% biodiversity net-gain.
Process for development
- Site survey – to assess what habitats and species are present
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal – to identify signs of protected species
- Phase 2 – specialist creature survey if protected species found to be present to identify which ones
We also provide ecological surveys for Pollution Impact Assessments to help operations establish their impact on the environment in the event of an incident.
The best time for routine surveys
Our surveys are based on an ecology survey calendar which outlines the best months to survey different species.
Our depth of knowledge and understanding of ecological systems enables us to collect the right information and apply that to real management solutions. We help our clients to understand and interpret data and information and provide them with a practical and achievable route to solving their challenges.
Our ecologists are well versed in key legislation to ensure you remain compliant. Relevant legislation includes:
How we can help
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIE) to ensure minimal impact on the ecology of land and watercourses.
- Ecological surveys for Pollution Impact Assessments to establish impact on the environment in the event of an incident.
- Over 10 ecologists in-house across aquatic and terrestrial ecology services
- Use Water Framework Directive compliant methods for up and down-stream surveying.
Keep your business compliant and protect the environment while reducing the risk of operational downtime
Find out how Adler and Allan reduce your risk and support you on your journey to Net-Zero through the management and maintenance of assets.Contact our experts