Electrical solutions for hazardous sites
We provide expert electrical solutions in specialist commercial, explosive, and hazardous environments through routine inspections, remedial, and installation works, as well as full end-to-end EV chargepoint solutions.
We deliver our expert services in the following sectors:
- Retail fuel
- EV chargepoint infrastructure
Our experts will ensure you remain compliant with legislation for either hazardous area or commercial inspections, testing in accordance with BS7671 and BS6079-17.
Features and outputs
- We can carry out all types and sizes of electrical installations, including the design and build.
- Our electrical and mechanical services can be delivered as stand-alone works, planned preventive maintenance (PPM), or as part of bespoke projects.
- From construction through to ongoing servicing, we manage the project fully through to completion so you can focus on managing your wider operation.
- With our focus on long term quality solutions, we can help to lower your maintenance costs, reduce downtime to ensure your assets remain operational for longer.
New build installation
From design through to installation we can ensure your commercial and hazardous area electrical equipment is compliant from the start.
We work with you to understand and design an electrical installation to your specific requirements. We can identify issues and engineer solutions using our expert industry knowledge to ensure you remain compliant with associated regulations.
We can arrange new supplies or upgrade existing supplies, liaising with the DNO. Design begins with a drawing package for your installation so you can see upfront what you will receive.
Our site supervisor will be on site managing the work with close liaison with our project manager. Regular interim meetings will take place with your project manager or principal contractor. Our aim is to complete the installation safely, on time and on budget.
On completion, we would produce a handover document pack which includes certification and as built drawings. This handover pack ensures you have all the information on the installation to enable ongoing safe installation and maintenance.
Throughout your equipment’s lifecycle we can maintain it in accordance with current legislation and react to any operational problems to ensure ongoing compliance and reduce downtime.
Our engineers are located nationally which enables us to respond faster and ensures we can meet our customer’s SLAs.
We can react to urgent health and safety issues such as exposed electrical equipment, to water leaking on electrical equipment to make it safe. We can also respond to less urgent faulty electrical fitting repairs.
Our operations teams will work with you to establish the response time required and prioritise accordingly.
Planned maintenance, inspection and testing
We can run and support your routine inspection and testing programme to ensure compliance and business continuity.
Our planned maintenance of any fixed electrical installations ensures your site is compliant to the latest legislation and fit for continued use. Work is planned and booked at a time convenient to you and as part of our visit we will offer proactive advice to highlight any potential problems that may arise.
We use thermal imaging cameras to monitor your electrical equipment to identify hotspots and be dealt with before it becomes a problem.
We deliver expert both hazardous and commercial electrical solutions within the forecourt convenience store and all external forecourt areas. Our services include:
- Convenience store electrical work including CCTV, point of sale, refrigeration units, lighting, hazardous electrical equipment.
- Hazardous electrical forecourt work including commercial fuelling, canopy lighting, CCTV, lightning protection.
- Forecourt transformation including EV charge point installation and maintenance works. [link to EV page]
- Testing and inspection as required by the Petroleum License and APEA Blue Book.
We deliver expert hazardous and commercial electrical solutions in dust DSEAR areas in manufacturing plants such as flour mills, baking, distilleries, paint spraying and storage facilities, and industrial medical and commercial gas storage facilities. Our services include:
- Detailed visual and close electrical testing.
- Emergency lighting installation and inspections.
- Electrical remedial works.
- Electrical Installation works.
- Lightning protection works.
We deliver expert hazardous electrical solutions in flammable goods stores, MT vehicle servicing pits, tanker servicing bays, BFI’s to SFG20 and in all DSEAR areas including: surface finishing area spray bays, carpentry, and fibreglass workshops and explosive Storage Areas (to ESTC6). Our services include:
- Electrical maintenance and inspection.
- Motor overload testing, 11 monthly earth testing.
- motor temperature and vibration testing.
- Periodic inspection 3,6,12 and 24 months.
- conductive and anti-static floor inspections.
- Airfield obstruction light maintenance.
- including low and high level works.
- Lightning protection systems inspection and testing.
You might also be interested in...
Keep your business compliant and protect the environment while reducing the risk of operational downtime
Find out how Adler and Allan reduce your risk and support you on your journey to Net-Zero through the management and maintenance of assets.Contact our experts