Salary dependent on experience and capability
We wish to appoint a Business Development Executive to join our team based in Carlisle. Reporting to the Divisional Manager and the Business Development Director, the successful candidate will develop new business and increase current commercial capability in both Hazardous Waste Disposal and Environmental Services sector, as well as plan, develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to promote the future success of the company in the region.
This is a full time post and the post holder may be required to dedicate additional hours to ensure duties are performed effectively which will include overnight stay away from home. Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Developing, presenting and successfully selling the company’s services to new and existing clients.
- Plan and implement strategy to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made. The postholder must also prepare a projected timescale in relation to this task to present to the Northern General Manager and or Divisional Manager on an agreed periodical basis.
- Managing, developing and progressing with new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identifying and targeting sales prospects and establish contact with such prospects and other accounts as assigned.
- Preparation of presentations, proposals and sales contracts to be delivered to internal and external parties.
- Developing and maintaining sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining current client and potential client relationships; ensuring such contact is periodically refreshed by way of regular communication.
- Preparing accurate and concise paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Managing account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Taking full ownership for investigating and resolving customer and client concerns and grievances; implement strategy to avoid reoccurrence of such issues in the future and provide solution on an ad-hoc basis.
- Preparing a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals to be delivered to Senior Management.
- Communicating new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
Demonstrating a proven ability to influence potential clients, an ability to develop and deliver presentations to a high professional standard. The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven knowledge and practical experience of internal and external advertising and sales promotion techniques.
Capable of achieving sales targets/KPIs and requiring minimal guidance and support from Supervision, the successful candidate must present and maintain professionalism at all times, be self-motivated and represent the Company well. There will be an expectation to undertake significant travel to current and potential clients, which requires a full clean UK driving licence.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Bob Currie, Divisional Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org