We help organisations actively reduce maintenance costs, extend the life of their assets, and prevent corrosion, dirt, and contamination with our durable industrial linings AdlerCoat™ and hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings.
100% waterproof and hydrocarbon resistant, AdlerCoat™ are flexible monolithic membranes that help to protect the environment and your assets against deterioration, degradation, and structural weakness.
For complete leak prevention of oils, hydrocarbons, fuels, solvents, aggressive chemicals, and gases, AdlerCoat™ can contain chemical spills for up to five days.
We are the UK distributors for GENTOO and Ultra-Ever Dry (UED), advanced hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings that can be applied to virtually anything to repel liquids and withstand abrasion.
The nano-coatings protect equipment, tools, buildings, and other surfaces from corrosion, built-up of dirt, and contamination, helping to save money, improve safety and create a cleaner work environment.
Features and outputs
The AdlerCoat™ range includes:
- Standard > ideal for hydrocarbon environment
- Performance > ideal for water industry (specifically wastewater)
- Chemical > ideal for the chemical or pharmaceutical industry
AdlerCoat™ Standard: Typical applications
- Primary and Secondary containment for hydrocarbon storage
- Fuel loading and unloading stations
AdlerCoat™ Performance: Typical applications include:
- Containment of wastewater or effluent
- Containment of weak chemicals
- Spill control
- Water ponds
- Vapour barriers
AdlerCoat™ Chemical: Exceptional solution for chemical industry
- Tested (up to 72 hours exposure guarantee)
- Superb protection against a wide variety of chemicals
- Resistant to more products than other available lining systems
- Vinylester Glassflake System
- Suitable for a variety of applications
- Dedicated technical support post install
AdlerCoat™ is relevant in the following sectors:
- Energy - Oil and gas, the electric grid, nuclear, wind, hydro-electric
- Infrastructure - Water (wastewater), commercial, industrial, defence
- Engineering - OEM, custom product formulations, toll blending, bedliners and equipment coatings, industrial flooring
- Transportation - Chemical, hazmat, hydrocarbon, oils
- Environmental - Groundwater protection, waste, encapsulation, soil stabilisation, mining
How is it applied?
The first stage before we apply the coating is to ensure the surface is clean and dirt free, with no loose materials. We remove algae growth, potential contaminants and fibral material either mechanically using the high-pressure jet wash, or manually by wiping down the surface.
Once the surface is clean, we perform any minor repairs such as concrete patch repairing, sealing any potentially weak joints or areas, and sealing any cracks.
The next stage is to apply the primer coat. A small aggregate is broadcast into the primer whilst is going off to act as a key between the surfaces. Once the primer has gone off we remove any excess grit from the surface and clean any dust or dirt.
Now we are ready to apply the AdlerCoat™. AdlerCoat™ standard and performance is sprayed in one layer over the top and the edges are sealed. AdlerCoat™ chemical is applied in multiple layers beginning with a primer, followed by a base, three layers of glassflake and a topcoat.
If anti-slip is required, this can be added to the chemical topcoat. The penultimate coat would include a layer of aggregate with a stippled effect to make it non-slip. Non-slip is possible with standard and performance but through a different method.
GENTOO hydrophobic coating
GENTOO is a dense polymer system that forms a barrier against corrosion initiators. This is due to its low surface energy, high density, and low porosity. The system is conformal, pinhole free, and very thin (4-6 microns) compared with traditional polymer coatings but far denser and more durable. The higher density of the system provides an excellent barrier to water and corrosive ions.
It has several benefits:
- Adhesion and durability
- Corrosion resistance
- Easy cleaning
Ultra-Ever Dry (UED) Super hydrophobic coating
UED uses proprietary omniphobic technology to coat a surface with patterns of geometric shapes that have “peaks” or “high points”. These high points repel water, some oils, wet concrete, and other liquids unlike any other coating.
UED has vastly improved adhesion and abrasion resistance, compared to previous super hydrophobic technologies, allowing it to be used in applications where greater durability is required.
It has several benefits:
- Product life-extending
You might also be interested in...
Keep your business compliant and protect the environment while reducing the risk of operational downtime
Find out how Adler and Allan reduce your risk and support you on your journey to Net-Zero through the management and maintenance of assets.Contact our experts