Achieving Net-Zero as a group
As an environmental services company, we recognise our role in leading the way on environmental stewardship; and supporting our clients to achieve their ambitions.
To play our part in tackling climate change, we will achieve Net-Zero by 2050 at the latest, with ambitions to bring that forward as new technological advancements come to fruition.
One big area of challenge is our extensive fleet of HGV vehicles and mobile plant.
We are committed to:
- Transitioning to renewable energy contracts across all of our offices and depots.
- Installing more smart metering, controls and telematics to give us better granular data
- Increasing the energy efficiency of our estate and fleet
- Exploring opportunities to generate renewable energy on our sites
- Transitioning our company cars and vans to hybrids and full electric
- Moving our HGV fleet to alternative fuels such as biofuels and hydrogen
- Utilising zero emissions mobile plant on sites
- Supporting our suppliers to follow our lead and adopt Net-Zero targets
- Using sustainably sourced materials in our offices and on our customers sites
- Reducing waste as far as possible and treat hazardous materials from our clients sites in the most responsible way
- As we continue on the road to Net-Zero, mitigating our emissions through carbon removal schemes through renewable energy and nature-based projects
Going forward, we now offer a Net-Zero Environmental Claims and Emergency Response service.
We support our clients to minimise the impact and disruption arising from projects and work. We also offer our customers lower carbon emissions options when undertaking our services.
We offer to remove any residual carbon emissions associated with our works, through projects which align with the clients values and adopted UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In all projects, our aim is the most positive sustainable outcome possible.