Salary dependent on experience and capability
We are looking to recruit two full time HGV/ADR Driver/ Operators to join the team in Glasgow. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the post holders will be required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified. In addition, the post holders will undertake duties associated with that of Spill Response Operative, including high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment. Duties will include cleaning and removing oil, fuel tanks and interceptors to include uplifting liquids from various outlets and oil transfers; drain and interceptor cleaning, oil spill response. Key tasks and accountabilities are as follows:
- Operating Company vehicles including HGV vehicles or any other vehicle which the post holder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works and reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified, completing vehicle defect reports as required.
- Complying with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
- Ensuring all ADR vehicles display appropriate placards during transportation and any time stationary, including full responsibility for ensuring they are in possession of the correct written instruction document referring to the materials being transported. (TREM card).
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices, adhering to safe working practices and ensuring correct PPE worn for this task.
- Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Carrying out works in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation, holding full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation.
- Cleaning all plant and equipment post job and identifying any repair work required.
- Liaising with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completing all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaising with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Take part in the depot “On Call Rotas” as required.
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
The successful applicants must possess relative licence categories to operate and control HGV including tankers and possess previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation. Possessing knowledge of tachograph regulations and demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
In addition to the above, the successful candidates will possess a digi-tacho card and a willingness to undertake any additional duties for which they are suitably qualified.
We are looking to recruit self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing knowledge and a career with the company.
Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful candidates may be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for this role, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to either:
Odin Osborne, Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Chris Prentice, Regional Manager – email@example.com